Date of Last Revision: July 29, 2015
1. Background Regarding JenJo’s Technology and Services
JenJo LLC, a Delaware limited liability company is the owner and operator of an online advertising and technology platform (the “Technology”), with a corporate website located at http://www.jenjo.com (the "Website"). The Technology is designed to provide added value to both buyers and sellers within the online ad exchange eco-system by using the best of breed data, a robust and efficient infrastructure and proprietary logic to enhance the insight, detail and value of inventory for sellers and buyers. The Website is designed for business clients and prospective business clients. The Website is not directed to consumers generally.
2. Information That We Collect
We believe that consumers prefer more (rather than less) relevant ads, tailored to their interests. To do this, we collect a variety of data from Clients across platforms to help optimize ads and increase the likelihood that a particular unique, but anonymous, user will be interested in (rather than potentially annoyed by) an ad they see. For more information on the technology used to collect the below information, please refer to the below sections titled “Cookies” and “Web Beacons”.
A. Personal Information – Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) means any data which identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email, or telephone number. Our Technology does not use or store PII. If you provide us information through our "contact us" link on our corporate Website, we will keep a record of the information you provide, including your email address and any other personally identifiable information you provide, solely for the purposes of responding to your inquiry or providing you with relevant material or marketing communications.
B. Non-Personal Information – When you use the Technology, we may also collect "non-personal information". We consider non-personal information to be information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify you personally. Non-personal information includes technical information, your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, the date and time of the ad request, the type of browser you are using, the referring URL, the Internet Service Provider, as well as other non-personally identifying information from Clients or other third parties.
Sometimes, we obtain the above information from other ad platforms, application platforms or providers, customers or websites and services (including our Clients). We may work with Clients to synchronize or “sync” unique, anonymous identifiers to match our Clients’ non-personal information data or identifiers to our own, in order to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
3. How We Use Information Our Technology Collects
JenJo uses non-personal information to target and serve relevant advertising to consumers and to perform attribution analysis or other analytics regarding advertising audiences, as well as to compile, match and link audiences on behalf of Clients. For instance, we may use this non-personal information, generally on behalf of Clients to:
- Determine what ad to show a consumer, and customize ads to particular types of audiences;
- Customize ads to the type of web page a user is viewing;
- Limit the number of times a consumer sees an ad or a type of ad;
- Perform analysis of which ads are effective ads;
We reserve the right to use, disclose, license, assign or otherwise transfer non-personal information in any way we see fit.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that web servers typically send to users’ computers when they visit a website. Cookies are stored as text files on users’ hard drive, and can be accessed by web servers when the user visits a website or views an advertisement. Cookies are used by companies to collect and send information about a user’s website visits – for example, number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information helps companies improve a user’s online experience in many ways: for example, by allowing companies to monitor website performance, making the website easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of their promotional placements, and tailoring their website (including the ads and offers they receive) to better match a user’s interests and preferences. Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their Internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive.
JenJo cookie is set to expire after 13 months; our opt-out cookie lasts longer. Our cookie expiration may reset upon further interaction between ourselves (or as applicable a Client) and a browser or device. Jenjo will adhere to all opt-outs of our technology provider Appnexus. You may opt-out of data collection and targeting cookies through Appnexus at http://www.appnexus.com/platform-policy#choices
. You may opt-out of data collection and targeting cookies through JenJo at http://ad.verifyad.net/optout
Web Beacons – JenJo also uses web beacons (also known as 1×1 gifs), along with cookies, to determine if a user has visited a particular website or viewed an advertisement. These beacons aid in providing more relevant advertising to the user, as well measuring the success of an advertising campaign, but provide no personally identifiable information.
4. Information Sharing
JenJo may share the non-personal information that we collect and receive in various ways.
- Primarily, we may work with Clients and other third parties to help optimize ads and make them more likely to be relevant to consumers, by comparing, syncing and sharing the non-personal information described above. For instance, we may disclose to other ad platforms, customers or websites and services (including our Clients), non-personal information we have collected (generally, unique, anonymous identifiers representing consumers’ browsers), to match their unique identifiers to our own, so that we can “sync” identifiers in order to help them show more relevant ads, match consumers to their likely interests, or better synchronize, cap, or otherwise optimize advertising.
- Further, the non-personal information we collect and receive may be processed on our behalf by third-party service providers that assist us in running our business, including providers of data storage and processing facilities. We may disclose your information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are obligated to do so by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual activities that may harm any person, our company, the Technology, or otherwise violate any law.
- Also, in the event JenJo is merged into another company, or another company acquires all or substantially all of JenJo’s assets, including, without limitation, in the event of bankruptcy, all data compiled or owned by JenJo may be among the items transferred in that transaction.
- Finally, we may share aggregated, non-personal information with Clients in connection with reporting and accounting needs as well as with other unaffiliated third parties for various purposes such as statistical or educational analysis (such as the creation of predictive models).
- We may disclose your information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are obligated to do so by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
5. Storage of Information
Information collected through the Website is retained in our servers in [non-aggregated form for up to 18 months from the date of collection]. Aggregated information is used for reporting and analysis, and may be stored in our servers for [up to 2 additional years].
6. Links to Other Sites
7. Security of the Information We Collect
The security of information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure information. However, there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. The information we collect is stored by us or by our third-party designees within databases that we or our third-party designees control. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our or our third-party designees’ databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us or our third-party designees over the Internet or that information we share with others as permitted by this Policy will always be held secure by them.
8. Children Under 13
The Website is not designed for use by children under age 13. We do not knowingly collect any information from individuals under the age of 13, and therefore we do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
9. Changes in Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, and will post any changes to this Policy as soon as they go into effect. You are bound by any changes to the policy when you use the Website after those changes have been posted. Please refer back to this Policy on a regular basis. If, however, we are going to use PII in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will post a notice on the Website for 30 days.
By using the Technology and/or the Website, you signify that you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not make any use of the Technology or Website and follow the opt-out process outlined above.